Sunday, August 24, 2014

Misadventure #2 - Please Don't Touch My Getzy

August 23, 2014. My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 4 years and 9 months today. We were planning to spend the rest of the day like the usual. It's a Saturday, so I was supposed to have a basketball game and she is supposed to come with me. But today was different.

My father just got home last night from Saudi, for the 1st death anniversary of my grandfather tomorrow. They called me this morning to go swim with them in a nearby resort.

We waited for my elder sister as she was on her way home. It was the first time she'll meet Getzy formally.

_nicoleness photography

We then went to the resort where our dad and our siblings were. We had lunch there. The food was great. Afterwards, we went swimming. My girlfriend couldn't take a dip, so she became the official photographer.

kuyajudy photography
grabbed from _nicoleness

It was a great day nonetheless. We decided to leave the resort at 5pm. We were planning to drop by the cemetery to visit our grandfather. But on our way out, traffic was stalled due to a truck that flipped on its side hours ago.

So we decided to take another route going home. While pushing through the slow traffic, Getzy was on a full stop when a motorcycle bumped into her right tire and bumper. Fortunately, Getzy was not hurt that much. She just had a few light scratches.

What made me lose my temper was that the motorcycle driver doesn't seem to be concerned in any way. He was actually about to hit and run without even saying sorry, had I not stepped out of the car immediately. My elder sister also stepped out and took a picture of the motor vehicle's plate number.

There was no traffic enforcer around that's why I asked for the motorcycle driver's license so we could report him. But he refused to show it to us. I got really angry, as I was thinking that he doesn't have any. Later on, my sister convinced the guy to show it to us, and took a photo of it. I opt not to show the image of the motorcycle's plate number and the driver's license in this blog.

I admit, I was too angry that time. But that's because I really hate people like him. They don't care much about the things they do wrong, and worse, they are not sincere when asking for apology.

Good thing that my elder sister was there, and she really handled the situation well. I guess she's right that I need to be a lot nicer next time because those are the things that could not be prevented. And that there are a lot of worse drivers out there.

Oh well, I guess I couldn't prevent Getzy from getting hurt. The least I could is to be careful and cautious every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment